Avaya IP Office 500V2 R 9.1 4X6X2 + 4 1416 Basic Mode Package
Avaya IP Office 500V2 R 9.1 4X6X2 + 4 1416 Basic Mode Package – Free Shipping on all orders!
Out of stock
Avaya IP Office 500V2 R 9.1 4X6X2 + 4 1416 phones Basic Mode Package – Free Shipping on all orders!
Do you need a high quality low cost business phone system?
If so this package is for you!
The Avaya IP Office is very feature rich and is expandable up to 384 phones and can also connect up to 1,000 users over 32 locations.
TManoa.com – Telephone Man of America – helping you run and meet your business needs by providing high quality low cost used Avaya IP Office phone system equipment.
After purchase I will e-mail over the installation tool and product and installation documents.
This bundle is configured for 4 traditional analog phone lines and up to 6 Avaya compatible digital phones, 2 analog phones and or devices and 10 VCM channels and a 2 port Embedded Messaging system with mailboxes for all users. For more details see below.
Part numbers associated with this listing: 700476005 700479710 700504556 700508194
The items included in this auction are 1 Used Avaya IP Office 500 V2 Processor that is fully tested and defaulted and will be set to release 9.0. This system is in Basic or Partner Mode so no key codes are needed. I have taken the time to make sure that release level on the SD card and the 500 V2 Processor initial boot release limitation levels match up and are at least version 9.0 so there is no key code conflict showing up on the system when you connect phones and 4 Avaya 1416 Global Icon Phones.
The number of base card slot covers will be 3 with power cord with 1 IP Office 500 V2 SD Card with release 9.0 on it that includes the embedded voice mail, 1 IP Office 500 V2 Combination card 700504556 that provides up to 4 analog lines, up to 6 digital phones, up to 2 analog phones and 10 VCM channels.
These items will come with a 30 Day Warranty.
Phone System Wiring:
You will need to connect the phone lines into the phone system from your phone company’s phone line box with an individual wire for each phone line (single pair/2 Conductor should be fine – 2 pieces of copper on the phone jack).
You will then need each phone to also have an individual home run wire run from an available IP Office digital station port to the desired location of each phone using a minimum of a 2 Pair/4 Conductor wire (meaning when you look at the phone jack you should see 4 pieces of copper).
See more information below:
1 Avaya IP500 V2 Control Unit (700476005)
The Avaya IP500 V2 Control Unit is the newest control unit for the Avaya IP Office system.
Avaya IP500 V2 Features
- 4 Base Card Slots – Can accommodate Digital Station, Analog Phone, VCM, Expansion, ETR, and Combination base cards. Also accommodates the Legacy Card Carrier.
- Trunk Cards – Supports IP500 trunk daughter cards connected to IP500 Base Cards. Also supports IP400 trunk cards using the Legacy Card Carrier.
- 2 SD Card Slots – Supports system SD card (required) and optional SD card
- Voicemail Channels – Maximum 30 usable for Voicemail Pro/TAPI WAV connection sessions
- 8 Expansion Ports – Compatible with Digital Station 16/30, Phone 8/16/30,So8, WAN3, and Analog Trunk 16.
- Support for up to 12 Expansion Modules – In addition to the 8 integrate expansion ports, can add up to 4 additional external expansion modules using 4-Port Expansion base card.
- 2 LAN Ports – Full duplex 10/100 Mbps; managed layer 3 Ethernet switch
- Additional Ports – Music on-hold, DTE port, external relay switch for door entry controls, integral WAN port
- Includes Power Cord
1 Avaya IP500 V2 System SD Card Mu Law
IP500 V2 System SD Card Features
- Acts as feature key to validate system features
- Provides storage for Essential Edition Messaging
- Can be preloaded with release, configuration, and feature activations to enable faster implementation
Essential Edition Messaging Features
- Included with IP500 V2 system; no key code required
- 2-ports; Can be upgraded to 4 or 6-ports via activation purchase
- Up to 15 hours message storage; Configurable recording time
- Help menus, greetings, and mailbox navigation.
- Email confirmation or email forward
- Voicemail breakout/personal auto-attendant
- Configurable system-wide short code for voicemail collect
- 40 independent Auto Attendants with 3 time profiles per Auto Attendant; Up to 12 menu items per Auto Attendant with automatic time-out to fallback number
- Auto attendant supports Dial by Name and direct Dial by Number
- Visual Voice – Access and control of voicemail via the digital or IP terminal display (telephone model dependent)
- Reply to a message to either an internal or external number (if Caller ID available)
- Support for hunt group announcements
- Fax option for rerouting fax calls via the auto-attendant menu
- Support for Fast Forward (#), Rewind (*), Skip Message (9) and Call Sender (**) when listening to messages
- Compatible with IP500 V2 Control Unit (IPO R6 and higher)
1 Avaya IP500 Combination Card w/4 Analog Trunks V2 700504556
The Avaya IP500 Combination Card V2 provides 4 analog trunk ports, 6 digital station ports, 2 analog station ports, and 10 voice compression channels for your IP500 V2 system.
Avaya IP500 V2 Combination Card Features
- 4 analog trunk ports (9-12) via a pre-installed IP500 Analog Trunk 4 daughter card
- 6 digital station ports (1-6)
- 2 analog station ports (7-8)
- 10 VCM channels
- Maximum 2 per IP500 V2 control unit
- Enhancements for IP500 Combination Card V2: Impedance matching to trunk characteristics, improved echo reduction, and reduction of occasional noise
- Compatible only with IP500 V2 control unit running IPO 8.1 Feature Pack 1 (8.1.63) or higher
- Digital station (DS) ports compatible with Avaya 1400, 2400, 5400, 6400, and 9500 series digital telephones (See below for more details for compatible phones in Basic/Partner Mode. For DS ports only the 1400 and 9500 series phones are functional in Basic/Partner Mode)
4 Avaya 1416 Digital Telephones
The Avaya 1416 digital telephone is designed for users who answer incoming calls, transfer customers to different departments or extensions, and monitor several line appearances throughout the day.
Avaya 1416 Features
- 4 line x 24 character tilting backlit display
- 16 programmable line/feature buttons with dual LEDs
- Fixed feature keys include hold, conference, transfer, drop, menu, contact, call log, redial, mute, and headset
- 3 soft keys and 4-way navigation cluster with context sensitive user interface
- Built-in speakerphone
- Integrated headset jack and built-in headset button
- Can add up to 3 Avaya DBM32 Button Modules
- The Avaya 1416 digital telephone is compatible with Avaya Aura Communication Manager 5.2.1 or later and IP Office Release 6.0 or later
More on Basic Edition/Partner Mode below:
The below information is from the Avaya “Product Description IP Office 8.1 © 2012 AVAYA All rights reserved. Issue 26.k.- (16 August 2012)”
IP Office Basic Edition PARTNER® Mode
The IP Office Basic Edition Partner Mode continues the evolution of communications systems for small businesses.
PARTNER Mode is designed to work directly out of the box without any programming or administration, allowing users to immediately make and place calls via analog trunks.
PARTNER Mode provides the end user a similar desktop experience as the PARTNER ACS: e.g. 2 dedicated intercom buttons, key system functionality, Caller ID, etc. This helps minimize training requirements and provides the end user with the same comfort level they have come to expect with the PARTNER ACS system.
PARTNER Mode provides enhanced features such as Visual Voice, Remote Call Forwarding, 64-party Conferencing, SIP Trunking, Full PRI/T1 and more.
PARTNER Mode provides the same 2-digit extension numbering plan as PARTNER ACS (default), and now supports a 3-digit flexible numbering plan (extensions 100 – 599).
PARTNER Mode supports all current and “Euro” versions of PARTNER ACS telephones, the 1400 Series digital telephones, the current 3920 and 3910 wireless products, as well as most analog devices (fax, wireless headsets, and analog telephones). The original MLS Series telephones and older wireless telephones are not supported.
PARTNER Mode also supports a new line of Avaya digital telephones – the 9500 Series telephones, and supports the Nortel T-Series and M-Series digital telephones.
PARTNER Mode includes Embedded Voicemail; providing a 2-port Automated Attendant (upgradeable to 6-ports) and voice mail coverage activated for all telephones. The Embedded Voicemail offers a variable number of hours of storage:
- 2-ports = 15 hours of storage
- 4-ports = 20 hours of storage
- 6-ports = 25 hours of storage
PARTNER Mode supports larger telephone and trunk capacity as follows (may not be attained simultaneously):
- Up to 100 digital telephones (1400 Series, 9500 Series, T-series and M-Series telephones)
- Up to 100 analog telephones
- Up to 18 PARTNER ETR telephones (additional non ETR telephones can be added total to reach system capacity)
- Up to 32 analog CO lines
- 1 PRI/T1 (24 lines)
- Up to 20 SIP lines
- can support up to 72 trunks, but not simultaneously
IP Office Basic Edition Mu-Law
When the IP500 V2 containing a IP Office Mu-Law SD card is first started, it will boot-up as “Basic Edition”, which has the same look and feel as PARTNER Mode, supporting out of the box operations, two intercom buttons, key system functionality, voice mailboxes on all telephones, TUI programming support, etc. “Basic Edition” makes starting and using the system quick and easy.
Users who need full IP Office Essential Edition functionality (or to operate in IP Office Mode) can apply an SD card with a Key Code for Essential Edition and the use Manager to change mode from “Basic Edition” to “Essential Edition or IP Office Mode”. Once the system reboots, it re-starts as “Essential Edition or IP Office Mode.”
System programming is accomplished in two ways:
- Telephone User Interface (TUI) from extension 10 or extension 11; and uses the same administration codes as the PARTNER ACS system.
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) – PARTNER Mode provides a “Simplified Manager” mode in the IP Office Manager software; allowing you to program the system in less than 30 minutes.
PARTNER Mode runs on the IP500 V2 control unit. A PARTNER Mode SD card or IP Office Mu-Law SD card is required and is installed in the rear of the control unit, providing the ability to have advanced features with the key codes to reveal or activate the features. The system will boot up in PARTNER mode or Quick Mode. An optional SD card may be installed in the optional SD card slot, providing redundant backup and system upgrade capabilities.
The front of the IP500 V2 Control Unit has 4 expansion bays, which supports the following system modules:
- Combination Card – Analog Trunks (Max 2 per system)
The Combination Card provides 6 digital station (DS) ports (Ports 1-6); 2 analog station ports (Ports 7-8); 4 CO Line ports (Ports 9-12) and 10 Voice Compression Channels.
- ETR6 Card (Max 3 per system)
The ETR6 Card provides 6 ETR (PARTNER ACS telephone) station ports (Ports 1-6); and supports (1) of the following optional trunk cards: ATM4 or PRI/T1. When an ATM4 is added, ports 7-8 become Power Failure Transfer ports, and ports 9-12 provide 4 additional CO Line Ports. Compatible only with PARTNER Mode and Mu-Law SD cards with Basic Edition, in North America market only.
- DS8 Card (Max 3 per system)
The DS8 Card provides eight digital station ports (Ports 1-8); and supports (1) of the following optional trunk cards: ATM4 or PRI/T1. When an ATM4 is added, ports 9-12 provide 4 additional CO Line Ports. This card supports only the 1400 and 9500 Series telephones.
- TCM8 Card (Max 4 per system)
The TCM8 Card provides eight digital station ports (Ports 1-8); and supports (1) of the following optional trunk cards: ATM4 or PRI/T1. When an ATM4 is added, ports 9-12 provide 4 additional CO Line Ports. This card supports only Norstar® T-Series and M-Series telephones.
- Phone 2 (Max 4 per system)
The Phone 2 module provides two additional analog station ports and supports one of the following optional trunk cards: ATM4 or PRI/T1.
- Phone 8 (Max 4 per system)
The Phone 8 module provides eight additional analog station ports and supports one of the following optional trunk cards: ATM4 or PRI/T1.
PARTNER Mode supports following expansion modules:
- DS16 – provides additional 16 digital station ports (1400 and 9500 Series telephones only)
- DS16A – provides additional 16 digital station ports (Norstar T-Series and M-Series telephones only)
- ATM16 (limit 1 per system) – provides additional 16 analog CO lines
- Phone 16 – provides additional 16 analog stations
- Phone 30 – provides additional 30 analog stations
- DS30 – provides additional 30 digital station ports (1400 and 9500 Series telephones only)
- DS30A – provides additional 30 digital station ports (Norstar T-Series and M-Series telephones only)
PARTNER Mode supports the following trunk cards, which are mounted on any ETR6, DS8, TCM8, Phone 2 or
Phone 8 base card:
- ATM4 – provides four analog CO line ports. Supports Caller ID
- PRI/T1 – supports full PRI or T1. Limit 1 PRI/T1 card per system
PARTNER Mode supports the following telephones:
- 1400 Series digital telephones
- 9500 Series digital telephones
- Norstar T-Series and M-Series digital telephones
- PARTNER ACS telephones
- PARTNER ACS “Euro” telephones
- Wireless telephones
- Analog “POTS” telephones
1400 Series telephones
The following 1400 Series telephones are supported.
- 1416 Display Telephones
- 1408 Display Telephones
- 1403 Display Telephone
- DBM32 Button Module
9500 Series telephones
The following 9500 Series telephones are supported.
- 9504 Display Telephone
- 9508 Display Telephone
- BM12 Button Module
Norstar T-Series and M-Series telephones
The following Norstar telephones are supported on PARTNER Mode:
T-Series Telephones: T7316E, T7208, T7100, T7000 and the T24KIM
M-Series Telephones: M7324, M7310 and the CAP/KLM Button Module
PARTNER ACS Series 2 telephones
The following PARTNER ACS telephones are supported on PARTNER Mode:
- 6 Button Display Telephone
- 18 Button Display Telephone
- 34 Button Display Telephone (up to 4 per system, 2 per ETR card)
- Call Assist-48 (CA-48) Adjunct
PARTNER ACS “Euro” Series 1 telephones
The following PARTNER ACS “Euro” telephones are supported on PARTNER Mode:
- 6 Button non-Display Telephone
- 18 Button non-Display Telephone
- 18 Button Display Telephone
- 34 Button Display Telephone (up to 4 per system)
- Call Assist-24 (CA-24) Adjunct
Digital Mobility 7400 Wireless
Note 1: The 3910 Wireless telephone is discontinued, but it is still supported.
Analog “POTS” telephones
The system supports a wide variety of industry standard analog telephones and devices, for example: fax machines, credit card readers; wireless headsets, cordless telephones.
Analog devices are connected to the system:
- To one of the analog ports on the Combination Card
- Via a Phone 2 or Phone 8 Module
- To an ETR station port (directly or bridged with a PARTNER ETR telephone)
The major features work the same, regardless how they are connected: e.g. Hold, Conference, Transfer, Call Waiting, Message Waiting, Incoming Caller ID.
Analog telephones have access to all dial-code features familiar to PARTNER users: e.g. Call pickup, Line pickup, Call Forwarding activation/deactivation, etc.
Analog telephones connected to a phone module or Combination Card default to intercom dial tone. To place an outgoing call, the user will dial 9. Analog telephones connected to an ETR module follows programmed Automatic Line Selection.
After purchase installation links, instructional guides and administrative tools will be e-mailed over.
The PARTNER Mode and IP Office Basic Edition Mu-Law can be programmed in the following ways:
Telephone User Interface (TUI) from extension 10 or extension 11; and uses the same administration codes as the PARTNER ACS system. Button Programming Features use the same codes as the PARTNER ACS system.
TUI programming is an alternate way to do System Administration and Programming on the PARTNER Mode. It is based on the PARTNER ACS TUI, but with improvements.
Using TUI System Administration on ETR, 1400 Series, 9500 Series and Norstar sets, the buttons under the display become soft-keys which are used to navigate and change the administration items.
There are also shortcut codes which enable the administrator to jump to particular administration items.
Centralized Programming is similar to System Administration, but it is used to administer buttons and other options for any phone in the system.
Individual Programming continues to be supported, allowing the phone user to program buttons on their sets.
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) – PARTNER Mode can be administered using the IP Office Web Manager. IP Office Web Manager is a new browser-based management tool designed to simplify the installation and maintenance process by providing an intuitive and user-friendly management tool that runs on most standard browsers. The new IP Office Web Manager eliminates the need to have windows operating system as it can run on any device that supports standard browsers.
For off line configuration, Upgrades, back-up and restore it is recommended that Manager continues to be used.
“Simplified Manager” is a PC GUI application inherent to the IP Office Manager application. Although system administration can be completed via either the TUI or GUI method; some advanced features such as SIP and
PRI/E1 administration requires the Manager application.
When you execute Manager, the program searches for any IP500 V2 units running PARTNER Mode on your network and will automatically connect using the default login and password. You are then presented with a “Simplified Manager” Screen:
By using the system hyperlinks, you are able to quickly and easily administer the PARTNER Mode system in a short time. Further details can be found in the IP Office Norstar PARTNER Manager documentation guide posted on the Avaya Support website.
Centralized Telephone Programming
Extensions 10 and 11 can program other extensions on the system from their telephones.
The system provides the majority of the feature set that is ideal for businesses. A listing of the built-in features is detailed below. Feature descriptions can be found on the following pages. TUI Feature Programming Codes (if applicable) are also provided. (for more details start on page 33 of the Avaya “Product Description IP Office 8.1 © 2012 AVAYA All rights reserved. Issue 26.k.- (16 August 2012))
911 Emergency Dialing Direct Line Pickup Features PBX Mode Abbreviated Ringing Display Personal Line Termination Absent Text Display Language Personalized Station Ringing Absent Text Message Inspect Display SD Card Feature Key ID POT Support Account Codes Display System IP Address Privacy Allowed/Disallowed Lists Display System Release Recall Application Programming Interface (TAPI) Distinctive / Differentiated Ring Redialing Features Attendant/Operator Positions Do Not Disturb (Send All Calls) Remote Call Forwarding / Mobile Twinning Auto Attendants – Emergency Greeting Do Not Disturb Override Remote Access to Modem Auto Attendants – Multiple Doorphones (max of 2) Ringing Line Preference Automatic Callback Emergency Phone Number List Ring on Transfer Automatic Daylight Savings Time External Hotline SD Card Startup / Shut Down via TUI Automatic Extension Privacy Extension Hunt Groups SMDR Auto Dialing Extension Name Display Speed Dial Features Automatic Line Selection Fax Machine Extensions Station Lock/Unlock Automatic VMS Coverage Feature Button Sub-Menus (see Auto Attendants) Backup Failure Alarm Flexible Dial Plan System Password Backup Programming Automatic Group Calling – Ring/Page System Groups Backup Programming Manual Group Hunting – Ring/Voice Signal Transfer / Transfer Return Bridging (Joining Calls) Group Pickup Transfer Return to Programmable Extension Call Coverage Hold Unique Line Ringing with Override Call Forwarding – Internal Hold Release on Abandon VMS Cover Button Call Log (Digital Sets only) Hold Reminder Tone VMS Cover Ring Interval Call Logs (ETR sets) Hot Dial VMS Hunt Delay Call Pickup Hotline VMS Hunt Schedule Call Timer Idle Intercom Timeout Voicemail Call Timer Continuity Intercom Manual Dial Bypass Greeting Call Waiting Intercom Dial Tone Change Message Status to New Caller ID Features Line Coverage Extension Choice of Language Cell Phone Connect Line Ringing Options End of Recording Options Centralized Telephone Programming Message Alert Notification Outcalling Notification CO Disconnect Time Music On Hold Phantom Mailboxes Conference Drop Network Time Synchronization Voicemail to E-mail Contact Closure Support Night Service Voice Mailbox Transfer – Direct Copy Settings On Hook Dialing Voice Messaging Direct Inward Dialing (DID) One Touch Transfer Visual Messaging DID to Auto Attendant Paging Features Wake-up Service
Avaya IP Office Documents
IP Office Unused Trunk Settings – If you are not using all of the available analog phone lines set the unused trunks to out of service.
IP Office Setup Guide – how to change your TCP/IP settings to connect with the IP Office.
IP Office 9.1 IP Phone Installation Guide
IP Office 9.1 Platform Feature Description
IP Office 9.1 Platform Solution Description
IP Office 9.1 Embedded Voice Mail Installation
IP Office 9.1 Installation Guide
IP Office 9.1 Voice Mail Pro Installation Guide
Telephone Man of America has no endorsement, authorization or licensing rights from Avaya. All items are used from previous end-users and are being resold with no endorsement, authorization or licensing rights from Avaya.
TManoa.com – Telephone Man of America – helping you run and meet your business needs by providing high quality low cost used Avaya IP Office phone system equipment.
There are no reviews yet.